Here are the steps to configure Outlook Express 5:
- Launch Outlook Express 5.
- From the main window, click on Tools >> Accounts.
- You should see a dialog box displayed as shown. Click on the Mail tab
and choose Add >> Mail.
- A new dialog box will appear to prompt you for your name. Enter your name accordingly. Then press Next.
- Choose the option I already have an e-mail address that I'd like to use.
Enter your e-mail address and press Next to proceed.
Next, you will be prompted to enter your Incoming Mail (POP3) server and Outgoing Mail (SMTP) server names (if you decide to use IMAP, you have to choose IMAP from drop-down menu).
For the name of the Incoming Mail server, it will depend on your domain name. If you have a domain called "yourdomain.com", then you should configure it as "mail.yourdomain.com". And your Outgoin Mail server will be "smtp.yourdomain.com".
- Then, in the next dialog box, key in your Account Name (user Login ID) and password. Your login ID is the same as your email address. Thus, if your email address is: "email@example.com", then your login ID is also "firstname.lastname@example.org".
- Finally, complete the configuration by clicking on the Finish button.