Here are the steps to configure Mail on Mac Yosemite 10.10:
- Go to System Preferences, Internet Accounts.Â ChooseÂ Add Other Mail Account
- Provide yourÂ Full Name,Â Email AddressÂ andÂ Password. Then clickÂ CreateÂ
- The email client will try to auto-discover your settings but fail and tells you that "Account must be manually configured". ClickÂ Next to continue
- Choose IMAPÂ and your enter your Incoming Mail Server Info.Â Click NextÂ to continue.
IMPORTANT: Please ensure that yourÂ User NameÂ is your completeÂ Email AddressÂ i.e.Â firstname.lastname@example.orgÂ and not just "user"
- If it prompts you toÂ Verify CertificateÂ and warns you about "identity cannot be verified", you can ignore it by pressingÂ ConnectÂ button.
- Finally,Â your enter yourÂ Outgoing Mail Server Info.Â ClickÂ CreateÂ to save your settings.
IMPORTANT: Please ensure that your User NameÂ is your complete Email AddressÂ i.e. email@example.comÂ and not just "user"