Here are the steps to configure IMAP email on your iDevice (iPad / iPad mini / iPhone / iPod Touch) running iOS 8:
- From the main menu, go toÂ SettingsÂ and click on Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- ClickÂ Add Account....
- Click on Other.
- Click onÂ Add Mail Account.
- Enter your account information (Name, email address and Password), then clickÂ Next.Â
(All the information shown in the picture is an example).
Make sure "IMAP" is selected and continue to fill in the rest of the information for "Incoming Mail Server" and "Outgoing Mail Server".
- If you get a prompt regarding "Cannot Verify Server Identity", you can dismiss the box by clicking Continue
- In the next screen, click on TrustÂ to proceed.
- Finally click SaveÂ to complete the setting up process.
- If you want all the folders in your iDevice to sync with your other email clients, please proceed to continue with the rest of this guide.
- Go back toÂ SettingsÂ and click onÂ Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Click on the newly add Mail account underÂ Accounts
- Click on the Account Name
- Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and click onÂ Advanced
- Click on Sent MailboxÂ underÂ Mailbox Behaviours
- Click on SentÂ under the sectionÂ On the Server. Click on AdvancedÂ to go back and repeat the same steps for theÂ Drafts and DeletedÂ folders.
- Finally, scroll to the middle of the page under the sectionÂ Incoming Settings. Click on theÂ IMAP Path PrefixÂ and enter the wordÂ INBOX in upper case.
Click onÂ AccountÂ to save all your settings and you're done!